NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
In the present study, the effective dose of kale (Brassica oleracea var. acephala)-containing food was investigated in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial.
The trial was conducted on 42 Japanese subjects aged 21-64 years with fasting plasma glucose levels of ≤125 mg/dl and 30-min postprandial plasma glucose levels of 140-187 mg/dl. The subjects consumed placebo or kale-containing food [7 or 14 g; low-dose (active-L) or high-dose (active-H) kale, respectively] together with a high-carbohydrate meal. At 30-120 min after the test meal intake, the plasma levels of glucose and insulin were determined.
The postprandial plasma glucose levels in subjects with intake of active-L or active-H were significantly lower than those in subjects with intake of placebo, with the maximum plasma concentration (Cmax; 163±24 mg/dl for active-L and 162±23 mg/dl for active-H compared with 176±26 mg/dl for placebo [values presented as means ± standard deviation (SD); P<0.01]. The area under the plasma glucose concentration-time curve for 0-2 h (AUC0-2 h) values (means ± SD) were significantly lower for active-L (268±43 mg/h/dl) and active-H (266±42 mg/h/dl) than for the placebo (284±43 mg/h/dl; P<0.05).
No significant differences were identified in the postprandial plasma insulin levels between the three conditions.
Results suggest kale suppresses postprandial increases in plasma glucose levels at a single dose of 7 g, and that a dose as high as 14 g is safe.
Kondo S, Suzuki A, Kurokawa M, Hasumi K. Intake of kale suppresses postprandial increases in plasma glucose: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Biomed Rep. 2016 Nov;5(5):553-558..
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
firstname.lastname@example.org, +33 2 96 76 54 87