NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
Pomegranate has been claimed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. However, the effects of pomegranate remain unclear. This meta-analysis aimed therefore to clarify the effects of pomegranate juice on blood pressure.
8 randomized and controlled studies have been included in the analysis, for a total of 574 individuals. They received pomegranate juice for 2 weeks to 18 months. Two studies were conducted in healthy volunteers, whereas the 6 other studies were conducted in patients with cardiovascular risk factors or cardiovascular diseases.
Results showed reductions in systolic (-4.96 mmHg, 95% CI: -7.67 to -2.25, p < 0.001) and diastolic blood pressure (-2.01 mmHg, 95% CI: -3.71 to -0.31, p = 0.021) after pomegranate juice. The effects of pomegranate juice on systolic blood pressure were independent of supplementation length (<12 weeks vs. > 12 weeks) and of dose consumed (<240 cc vs. >240 cc).
The authors concluded that pomegranate juice effectively reduce blood pressure and propose to include this juice in heart-healthy diets.
Sahebkar A, Ferri C, Giorgini P, Bo S, Nachtigal P, Grassi D. Effects of Pomegranate Juice on Blood Pressure: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Pharmacol Res. 2016 Nov 22. pii: S1043-6618(16)30784-8.
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87