NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
This randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trial examined the effects of a maslinic acid supplement (a bioactive pentacyclic triterpenoid), olive fruit extract (Olea europaea L.), on 20 middle-aged and elderly volunteers with mild knee joint pain.
Each subject (58 ± 7 years) received either olive fruit extract, containing 50 mg maslinic acid (n = 12), or placebo (n = 8) daily for 12 weeks and evaluated for pain and physical functions.
Although both groups exhibited improved pain visual analogue scale score and quality of life after supplementation, symptoms were better in the maslinic acid group than in the placebo group. After 12 weeks, maslinic acid group exhibited significant decrease in body weight and body mass index suggesting that maslinic acid affected the weight of volunteers with mild knee joint pain.
Therefore, olive products containing maslinic acid may be useful as a new preventive and therapeutic food ingredient for arthritic diseases.
Fukumitsu S, Villareal MO, Aida K, Hino A, Hori N, Isoda H, Naito Y. Maslinic acid in olive fruit alleviates mild knee joint pain and improves quality of life by promoting weight loss in the elderly. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2016 Nov;59(3):220-225.
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contactez nos experts scientifiques et réglementaires à: NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87