NOL, Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
PCSO-524® is a standardized lipid extract of the New-Zealand green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
In this randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study, PCSO-524® has been given to children and adolescents with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD, n =144). Participants receiving the extracts have consumed three (≤ 45 kg) or four (> 45 kg) capsules per day for 14 weeks. Each capsule (260 mg) provided 50 mg eicosatetraenoic acid, 7.3 EPA, 5.5 mg DHA, 100 mg of natural mono-unsaturated olive oil and 0.225 mg vitamin E.
Results did not report any significant effect of PCSO-524® in comparison to placebo on parental reports of hyperactivity, inattention and impulsivity in children aged 6 to 14 years.
However, repeated measures ANOVA showed significant improvements in hyperactivity (p = 0.04), attention (p = 0.02), learning (p = 0.05) and probability of ADHD (p = 0.04) in children who did not meet criteria for combined hyperactivity and inattention. Therefore, the New-Zealand green-lipped mussel extract PCSO-524® may be beneficial in reducing levels of hyperactivity and inattention in children and adolescents with clinical and subclinical symptoms of ADHD.
Kean JD, Sarris J, Scholey A, Silberstein R, Downey LA, Stough C. Reduced inattention and hyperactivity and improved cognition after marine oil extract (PCSO-524®) supplementation in children and adolescents with clinical and subclinical symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016 Dec 5.
This information has been sourced by NOL, a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87