NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
While Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) is commonly supplemented to maintain muscle in elderly and clinical populations, previous data also showed long-term HMB supplementation prevents age-related dendritic shrinkage and improves cognitive flexibility and working memory performance in rats.
This new study aim was to explore the cognitive effects by assessing visuospatial learning and memory with the Morris water maze.
Female rats were ovariectomized at 11 months of age to model human menopause. At 12 months of age, male and female rats received relatively short- or long-term (1- or 7-month) dietary HMB (450mg/kg/dose) supplementation twice a day prior to testing. Spatial reference learning and memory was assessed across four days in the water maze with four trials daily and a probe trial on the last day.
Consistent with previous work, there were age-related deficits in water maze performance in both sexes. However, these deficits were ameliorated in HMB-treated males during training and in both sexes during probe trial performance. Thus, HMB supplementation prevented the age-related decrement in water maze performance, especially in male rats.
Kougias DG, Hankosky ER, Gulley JM, Juraska JM. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) ameliorates age-related deficits in water maze performance, especially in male rats. Physiol Behav. 2016 Dec 27;170:93-99.
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87