NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
The objective of this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was to assess the effectiveness of Lactobacillus casei rhamnosus Lcr35 in the management of functional constipation in children. A total of 94 children aged <5 years with functional constipation according to the Rome III criteria, were assigned to receive L. rhamnosus (8×108 CFU, n = 46) or placebo (n = 48), twice daily, for 4 weeks.
There was no significant difference in treatment success between the placebo and the L. rhamnosus group (p = 0.4). There was a significant increase in the frequency of defecation from baseline to week 4 in both the placebo group (p < 0.001) and in the L. rhamnosus group (p < 0.001), but the defecation frequency in the placebo group was significantly greater than that in the L. rhamnosus group at weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4. L rhamnosus as a sole treatment was not more effective than placebo in the management of functional constipation in children. This study adds to current recommendations that do not support the use of probiotics in the treatment of childhood constipation.
Wojtyniak K, Horvath A, Dziechciarz P, Szajewska H. Lactobacillus casei rhamnosus Lcr35 in the Management of Functional Constipation in Children: A Randomized Trial. J Pediatr. 2017 Mar 8.
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87