NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
Spirulina platensis is a source of potential valuable nutrients for prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.
This randomized, double-blinded and placebo-controlled study has examined the effects of S. platensis in obese subjects. 64 obese individuals (20-50 years) have been enrolled. They received a placebo or 500 mg S. platensis twice daily for 12 weeks. Anthropometric parameters, serum Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VGEF) and plasma lipids have been assessed before and at the end of the supplementation period.
Both groups experienced a reduction in body weight and BMI, although the mean reduction in S. platensis group was significantly higher (p < 0.05).
Moreover, the supplementation reduced plasma total cholesterol (p < 0.05) and appetite (p = 0.008).
However, no significant effects of the supplementation have been highlighted on other lipid parameters or VGEF levels.
In conclusion, 1 g/day of Spirulina platensis for 12 weeks is effective for reducing body weight and total cholesterol. It may act through a reduction in appetite.
Zeinalian R, Farhangi MA, Shariat A, Saghafi-Asl M. The effects of Spirulina Platensis on anthropometric indices, appetite, lipid profile and serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in obese individuals: a randomized double blinded placebo controlled trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017 Apr 21;17(1):225.
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com , +33 2 96 76 54 87