NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial evaluated the effects of melatonin administration on metabolic status in 60 diabetic patients with coronary heart disease (CHD).
Subjects were allocated into two groups to receive either 10 mg melatonin (2 melatonin capsules, 5 mg each) (n = 30) or placebo (n = 30) once a day for 12 weeks.
Taking melatonin, compared with the placebo, significantly reduced fasting plasma glucose (p = 0.03), serum insulin concentrations (p = 0.008), homeostasis model of assessment-estimated insulin resistance (p = 0.04), total-/HDL-cholesterol ratio (p = 0.02) and systolic (p = 0.01) and diastolic blood pressure (p = 0.04). Melatonin treatment also significantly increased quantitative insulin sensitivity check index (p = 0.01) and serum HDL-cholesterol (p = 0.04).
In addition, compared with the placebo, melatonin supplementation resulted in significant increases in plasma glutathione (p = 0.02) and nitric oxide (p = 0.03), and significant decreases in malondialdehyde (p = 0.007), protein carbonyl (p < 0.001) and serum high sensitivity C-reactive protein levels (p = 0.001).
Overall, melatonin intake for 12 weeks to diabetic patients with CHD had beneficial effects on biomarkers of oxidative stress and cardio-metabolic risk.
Raygan F, Ostadmohammadi V, Bahmani F, Reiter RJ, Asemi Z. Melatonin administration lowers biomarkers of oxidative stress and cardio-metabolic risk in type 2 diabetic patients with coronary heart disease: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Clin Nutr. 2019 Feb;38(1):191-196.
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
email@example.com , +33 2 96 76 54 87