NOL , Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
This pilot clinical study, aimed to determine the effects of daily supplementation during 6 months with 1×108 CFU of Lactobacillus salivarius PS7, selected for its antagonism of otophathogens, in the prevention of otitis in 61 children suffering of recurrent acute otitis media.
Thirty six percent (36%) of the recruited children suffered at least one episode of acute otitis media, with a median duration of 4 days. In contrast, 70% of the children with recurrent acute otitis media who were attended by the same pediatrician in the same period but did not receive the probiotic strain suffered at least one acute otitis media episode with a median duration of 6 days. The number of acute otitis media episodes during the 6-month intervention period decreased by 84% when compared to the number registered in the 6 months that preceded the intervention (Figure 1). Moreover, the microbial density in the external auditory canal decreased notably along the intervention period, from >3.5 log10 CFU at the baseline (all the cultures were positive at this sampling time) to <2 log10 CFU at the end of the intervention (with 22% of the cultures being negative).
In conclusion, Lactobacillus salivarius PS7 is a promising strain for the prevention of recurrent acute otitis media in infants and children.
Cárdenas N, Martín V, Arroyo R, López M, Carrera M, Badiola C, Jiménez E, Rodríguez JM. Prevention of Recurrent Acute Otitis Media in Children Through the Use of Lactobacillus salivarius PS7, a Target-Specific Probiotic Strain. Nutrients. 2019 Feb 12;11(2).
This information has been sourced by NOL , a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL  let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com 
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS 
firstname.lastname@example.org , +33 2 96 76 54 87