NOL, Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, informs you:
This randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial aimed to determine if Lactobacillus plantarum HY7714 improves skin hydration and photoaging. The trial included 110 volunteers aged 41 and 59 years who have dry skin and wrinkles. Participants took 1×1010 CFU/day of Lactobacillus plantarum (probiotic group) or a placebo (placebo group) for 12 weeks. There were significant increases in the skin water content in the face (p < 0.01) and hands (p < 0.05) at week 12 in the probiotic group.
(1) TEWL was measured at face, and average rates of change for the face were compared between placebo and probiotic groups.
Results are expressed as the mean ± SEM. ††: p < 0.01, †: p < 0.05 for probiotic vs. placebo group.
(2) Shows the average rates of change in water content in the face, in the placebo and probiotic groups.
Results are expressed as the mean ± SEM for all subjects. ††: p < 0.001, for probiotic vs. placebo group.
Transepidermal water loss decreased significantly in both groups at weeks 4, 8, and 12 (p < 0.001 compared with baseline; Figure (1)). Volunteers in the probiotic group had a significant reduction in wrinkle depth at week 12, and skin gloss was also significantly improved by week 12. Finally, skin elasticity in the probiotic group improved by 21.73% (p < 0.01 vs. controls) after 12 weeks. These findings are preliminary confirmation of the anti-aging benefit to the skin of Lactobacillus plantarum.
Probiotics are used more and more for human health, especially to improve skin condition. Moreover, according to the results of the various clinical trials, they seem to be beneficial.
Lee DE, Huh CS, Ra J, Choi ID, Jeong JW, Kim SH, Ryu JH, Seo YK, Koh JS, Lee JH, Sim JH, Ahn YT. Clinical Evidence of Effects of Lactobacillus plantarum HY7714 on Skin Aging: A Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 Dec 28;25(12):2160-8.
This information has been sourced by NOL, Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders.
This collaborative and complete tool contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL let’s :
Formulate new innovative products
Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com
Contact our Sientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87