NOL, Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
The aim of this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was to investigate the effect of heat-killed Lactobacillus brevis (L. brevis) SBC8803 (SBL88™) intake on skin hydration conditions. The subjects (126 people aged between 21 and 59 years) with slightly higher levels of transepidermal water loss (TEWL) on the forearm were allocated to 3 different groups: placebo or heat-killed L. brevis SBC8803 at a daily dose of 25 or 50 mg, for 12 weeks.
The results revealed that marginal differences were observed in TEWL at the neck in the 25 mg/day group at week 8 and at the lower eye region in the 50 mg/day group at week 4 (p=0.05 and 0.09, respectively, compared with the placebo group). A significant increase in corneal hydration was also observed at the neck in the 25 mg/day group at week 12 (p=0.06, as compared with the placebo group). In the analysis of the subpopulations whose habitual frequency of taking lactic fermentation products was less than once per week, the levels of corneal hydration at the neck (in the 50 mg/day group) and lower eye region (in the 25 mg/day group) were significantly increased at week 12 (p<0.05).
In conclusion, the results of this investigation suggest that oral intake of heat-killed L. brevis SBC8803 is effective at improving skin hydration conditions in populations with low habitual frequency of taking lactic fermentation products.
Ogawa M, Saiki A, Matsui Y, Tsuchimoto N, Nakakita Y, Takata Y, Nakamura T. Effects of oral intake of heat-killed Lactobacillus brevis SBC8803 (SBL88™) on dry skin conditions: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Exp Ther Med. 2016 Dec;12(6):3863-3872.
This information has been sourced by NOL, a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS
email@example.com, +33 2 96 76 54 87