NOL, Nutraveris Online, the most efficient data solution to create, keep up-to-date and launch your products in the 28 EU member states, used for 10years by more than 500 industry leaders informs you:
A study has evaluated the effects of myrtle (Myrtus communis) on gastro-intestinal transit and gastric emptying in rats. Adult male wistar rats were used to evaluate the normal transit and gastric emptying, through enteropooling tests, and small intestine oxidative stress. The effect of myrtle berries juice (MBJ) (5 and 10ml/kg, bw. p.o.) was after compared to the loperamide and clonidine effects after diarrhea was induced in rats by oral administration of castor oil (5 ml/kg, b.w. p.o.).
Myrtle berries juice significantly and dose-dependently inhibited the intestinal motility and gastric emptying. Myrtle berries juice administration induced a significant dose-dependent protection against diarrhea and intestinal fluid accumulation. Castor oil-induced intestinal hypersecretion was accompanied by an oxidative stress status in the intestine, which was attenuated by myrtle berries juice administration.
Myrtle berries juice had a potent protective effects against castor oil-induced diarrhea in part due, to its antioxidant and antisecretory properties.
Jabri MA, Rtibi K, Sakly M, Marzouki L, Sebai H. Role of gastrointestinal motility inhibition and antioxidant properties of myrtle berries (Myrtus communis L.) juice in diarrhea treatment. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016 Nov 14. pii: S0753-3322(16)31273-2.
This information has been sourced by NOL, a collaborative and complete tool which contains all Regulatory, Scientific and Marketing data
- It solves all regulatory issues since it contains the required information on all ingredients authorized in the 28 European member states…on regulatory status, health claims, authority opinions
- It protects your investments since it is updated in real time with reliable quality information analyzed and reviewed by our experts, available hotline.
- It enables you to be the most responsive with monthly reports and live alerts and a personal use of the information with a report editing tool and customizable bookmarks.
With NOL let’s :
- Formulate new innovative products
- Check if your already existing formulas are still compliant with the in force regulations
- Adapt your existing formulas to the requirements of other European countries where you are willing to export them
- Do scientific & regulatory & marketing monitoring which enable to anticipate the withdrawal of products, the safety issues, new interesting scientific studies, the arrival of new players on the market…
More information on www.nutraveris.com
Contact our Scientific & Regulatory experts at NUTRAVERIS
firstname.lastname@example.org, +33 2 96 76 54 87